April 20, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic is a global challenge that’s having a real impact on our community. At Beausejour Co-op, we understand the vital role we play in the communities we serve and aim to continue our service through this time of pandemic.
Our response to this pandemic not only considers the health and well-being of our Co-op members and customers, but also our employees. Our food stores and pharmacy are critically important at this time, and we’re doing everything we can to ensure they stay open and accessible, while also protecting against the spread of COVID-19. We’re closely monitoring the impact of the coronavirus and our actions are guided by the World Health Organization, Public Health Agency of Canada and the Province of Manitoba.
Safe shopping initiatives
To maintain a safe environment and serve our members and customers, here are a few of the actions that we have implemented:
• Enhanced sanitation and hygiene practices at all of our locations.
• Monitoring and restricted the number of customers in our locations to encourage proper social distancing.
• Installed glass barriers at checkouts to increase safety for our front-line workers.
• Postponed the re-useable bag program and temporarily stopped charging for the use of plastic bags.
• Adjusted operating hours to best serve our communities.
• Introduced one-way shopping down the aisles in our food stores to support social distancing efforts.
• Closed locations to the public as deemed non-essential (Bulk Petroleum and Admin).
• We closed down any self-serve food and beverage offerings in food stores and gas bars.
• Introduced or improved grocery delivery services through our food stores to serve those in need.
During this period, please purchase only what you need and don’t visit our locations if you feel unwell or have recently travelled. We also encourage you to only have one person from your household do your shopping. These are not normal circumstances and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to make products available and restock our stores.
Thank you to our employees
We remain committed to taking care of our team and work to provide them with the information needed to keep themselves and their families safe. Our organization wouldn’t be what it is without the team members we have on the front-line replenishing shelves, helping customers and providing that friendly face our customers have come to know. Our sincere gratitude goes out to all of our team members. Thank you for your dedication, your positivity and your service through the thick of it all.
Our role is part of the collaborative efforts of the entire community. We can’t forget that we are all in this together and will come through this challenge by trusting and relying upon one another.
We will keep you updated on any news or information as it arises. Please visit our website @ beausejourco-op.crs or Facebook page @BeausejourCoop for information.
Kevin Van Den Bussche, General Manager
Beausejour Co-op | 204-268-1805