Our Co-op is providing essential goods during the COVID-19 pandemic, while working to protect the health and safety of our members, our customers and our employees.
We’ve learned 1 employee working at our Co-op has been confirmed to have COVID-19. To protect our community, we’ve taken the following actions:
- We’ve reviewed the employee’s work schedule and have determined minimal exposure to others.
- We deep-cleaned the location, paying particular attention to areas they have been and surfaces they contacted.
- When COVID-19 was confirmed, we contacted the public health authority and continue to comply with and exceed their provided directions.
- We have implemented a self screening process in the affected location.
We appreciate the work being done by all our employees in serving our communities and we’re working to support them as we make our way through this pandemic together.
Some other initiatives we have in place are:
- We have mandated the use of face masks for all employees where physical distancing cannot be maintained and strongly encourage our customers to do the same.
- We continue to support and enforce directional shopping in our locations, physical distancing, the use of plexiglass at checkouts as an added safety measure plus increased cleaning and sanitization within our facilities.
- We monitor and limit the number of customers in our stores to well within provincial regulations.
- Our employees are directed to self-isolate at home when feeling unwell or showing symptoms and seek testing if required.
We understand the impacts of COVID-19, which is why we want to be transparent and disclose broad details about the confirmed cases while ensuring the confidentiality of our team.
|DATE CONFIRMED||DATE LAST WORKED||LOCATION|
|Monday, October 26th||Tuesday, October 20th||Beausejour Food Store|
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Administration Office at 204-268-1805.