Unifor 594 initiated a labour dispute at the Co-op Refinery Complex in Regina. We’d like to share some facts:
Our local Co-op uses profits from Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and the refinery in three ways:
- To invest in our facilities and operations, including job creation
- To give back to individual members in cash and equity
- To support our local communities, including donations
Unionized employees at the refinery contribute 0% to their pension
- FCL is simply asking for employees to contribute.
- The pension plan FCL is offering is one of the best in Canada and far more than we’re able to offer our own employees.
- In addition to regular contributions, FCL contributed $192 million – nearly $60,000 per union employee per year – in special payments between 2016 and 2019 to fund the pension plan. These are millions of dollars that could have been shared with our Co-op.
Thank you for your business. Let’s keep building our community together!
Learn more at refineryfacts.ca